Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What I'm Working on Wednesday: Leftover Edition

When I was a kid I hated leftovers. I called it "old" food and why would I want to eat that.
Now, I'm, hopefully, older and wiser and I realize that: a. said leftover is the remains of what probably was super tasty last night and b. oftentimes the flavor is enhanced by having sat in the refrigerator overnight.
I think the same is true for fabric. As I mentioned in this post, I've wrapped up the initial design process for my next collection. Getting to that point necessitated making quite a bit of fabric, much of which wasn't needed for the samples I sent in to Moda.
So, I'm using some of those leftovers to make this:
It's a modified version of a design I created for my book, Fresh Quilting: Fearless Color, Design, and Inspiration and crafted out of 5" square scraps of my hand dyes and a simple cream colored cotton.
It's simple and quick and very visually tasty.
Perfect for leftovers.

2 comments:

Dolly said...

You forgot

c. you don't have to cook tonight ! Yay for leftovers !

I like that design; it has my head brewing with ideas !

charlotte said...

I love it!! I do love to see your dyed fabrics. Beautiful!