Monday, October 1, 2012

Simple Marks :: Preview

I think I might have hinted at this and some of you have written assuming this is true, but I do have a second collection coming out with Moda. It's called Simple Marks. Why that title? I love crisp, clean shapes. I think that's what first drew me to the idea of making batiks with a more contemporary feel. And I love the idea of mark making. It seems so basic, like something you would do with the simplest of tools. And that's what I use and used to make the originals that went into this collection, simple, very simple tools.
Simple Marks is actually coming out in two parts. The first round of prints and solids will start appearing at your local independent fabric store and online in November (I'll take some pics of those and feature them in a later post). The second incarnation, also called Simple Marks Summer will be previewing at Quilt Market in October and coming out for the Spring. It features the same prints, but the colors are brighter than the fall version. I just finished a project that uses Simple Marks Summer and I couldn't be more excited about them.
Here's a wee, little peek for you all:
I should add that this collection, both the fall and summer version include not one, but two cheater cloths. The cheater cloth form a stitch in color, my first collection, was probably the single most popular fabric in that group. Take a gander at the newest ones included in Simple Marks Summer:

19 comments:

Laura said...

I love love love your fabric! Can't wait for it to come out!

Susan said...

I'm a summer gal. I'm so glad simple marks is going to be available in brighter colors. Everything I make with Stitch in Color is a delight to me. Can't wait for summer.

stitchinpenny said...

I love your fabric, but I loved your color sense before you created fabric lines.

Peggy said...

Super, Malka! Can't wait to see them in stock at Stitch Lab. Congrats on getting them done!

em's scrapbag said...

I loved your first line and can't wait for your new ones!

Anonymous said...

por dios que bellisimas telas!!! en Argentina no podemos acceder a ellas.mail:perezdeinigo@hotmail.com.ar

Deere Driver said...

Funnest Fabric!!

carol said...

What is the definition of a cheater fabric?

Lin said...

Gorgeous!

Karen said...

Absolutely Love your new fabric, as I did your first line, something to look forward to in the quilt store. You're an inspiration!! Great work!

Esch House Quilts said...

It looks amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on some :)

Cindy Sharp said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to get my hands on some.

Richard Healey said...

The colors are fantastic I love it.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/RichardQuilts

Cheryl Arkison said...

This looks like another winner! Both of them!
30A aRoleCh

Becky J said...

Congrats, Mala! They are lovely!

giddy99 said...

What gorgeous colors and patterns!

KeyQuilter said...

Beautiful fabrics! I said "cheater cloth" & my sales rep corrected me to "CONVENIENCE cloth"! LOL

Happy Turtle said...

I absolutely LOVE this line. So so beautiful!
Carol

Grandma Boo said...

I love, love, love Simple Mark. I now own the jelly roll, layer cake, and some yardage. I am agonizing over a suitable quilt pattern. Any suggestions? I'm anxious to see the summer version. It is so striking.