Friday, April 13, 2012

Show and Tell :: Interactive Edition

I've been finishing up a sample for an upcoming class at Stitch Lab and thinking about a new project. This is not exactly the one I mentioned in a previous post, but it is new and big and pretty exciting. In order for me though to see if it has any legs (or arms or any other appendages), I'm going to need your help, dear reader. I'm looking for stories. What kind of stories? Stories associated with quilts. Quilts that mean something to you, that represent a beloved person, that have a story behind them. Ideally these stories aren't about what quilts in general mean to you, but what a specific quilt in your life has meant because it represents or tells a specific story. Capiche? Also ideally, you have an image of this quilt or still own it or at least you know in detail what it looked like. Think NPR"s Story Core project, but in terms of quilts.

Right now, I'm just looking to see what I can gather. So, if you have a story about a quilt that fits this description, please email me a brief synopsis. My email is malka@stitchindye.com.
I have no idea what kind of response I'm going to get or how long it will take to cull through these stories, so don't get sad if I don't respond right away. I do promise to send each one of you an email reply thanking you for your contribution and will have to wait and see before I can let anyone know anything more. If that's good for you, then please send your story my way.

By way of quilt inspiration, I'm sharing this one with you.
If you're local and you'd like to join me in learning how to make this supersize block, click here to find out everything you need to know...and maybe a little more.

2 comments:

Anne D said...

I love the quilt.
I wish I was a local so I could do the class!

Lily said...

Your quilts are so beautiful! I would love to join your class when I would live nearby.