Tuesday, January 3, 2012

30-Day Challenge:: While You Were Sleeping

... I was doing yoga. Though it's probable that some of you were up and maybe doing yoga too. I took this shot outside Black Swan, the absolute best yoga studio in town, I think. I only go once a week on Tuesday mornings, but, boy howdy, do I love it.
When I first started though I swore I would not engage in what I call "yoga talk" I would not fold my hands in front of my heart and bow my head as I said,"namaste". I would not declare that "all the goodness in my souls bows to all the goodness in your soul."
So, you can imagine how shocked I was when, as I was taking one of my girls to school a few Tuesdays ago, I casually said," I had planned to set an intention for my practice this morning, but we moved out of our opening shivasna so quickly, I didn't have a chance to." After I made this declaration, I turned to my girl and asked," Did that just come out of my mouth?" "Yep," she replied.
Apparently yoga is more than skin deep.
Just to show that I don't take myself or my "practice" too seriously, I invite you to partake of this the hilarious spoof on the way yogis talk.
Enjoy and namaste everybody.

4 comments:

Cindra said...

Loved the link... so funny!

carol said...

OMG...that is so funny....but I'm afraid TRUE! My DD is a yoga teacher and I can just imagine her talking that way! E-gads!

carol said...

You might enjoy this:
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sea/2597736393.html

Elsa said...

Saw that clip a few days ago ~ hilarious ~ I actually know people who speak like that!
Thanks for your insight!