Sunday, August 3, 2008

In which I do my homework and rescue action figures

I don't think I've mentioned it here before, but I am in the midst of an 8 week online photography class. Every Wednesday I get a lesson and assignment and I'm supposed to upload those pictures within 10 days. First off, I am having a lot of fun taking this class. And I'm learning a lot. And I'm being forced to try new things.
This week's assignment involved adding impact to your photos through a judicious use of camera angles. I've been super busy this week and frankly did not get to taking pictures per this assignment until today. All week I've thought about the best locales to take these pictures. That's part of the fun, going around town like I haven't lived here for twenty plus years and shooting photos. Sadly, a cool location was not in the cards for this particular assignment. So, I was a little stumped as to how I would get these pictures taken.
Then I remembered Aquaman.


This poor guy has been baking outside for several weeks having been forgotten by Abi on the gas line cap.


Amazingly, his incredibly form-fitting tights are as green as ever.


And, based on these pictures, his will looks pretty undaunted as well.
After I took these shots I took pity on all eight inches of him and brought him into the shade of the front porch.


Here he is relaxing for a few moments before we washed him and returned him to his natural watery environs in the fish tank.
I hope this doesn't sound too boastful but I feel like a superhero myself having rescued Aquaman and turned in my assignment.

6 comments:

Lesley S said...

I think abandoned+aquaman+2 is the bomb! I feel his anguish. Well done.

Kristen said...

so are you aquagirl???

Malka Dubrawsky said...

I hadn't thought of it that way, but yeah.

yaiAnn said...

Fun photos! I'm interested in this online photography class. Is it through a university?

Malka Dubrawsky said...

The class is through www.betterphotos.com. There are lots of different courses focusing on a variety of topics. I've been very happy with the one I'm taking.

Our Hands For Hope said...

Poor aquaman! He looks so defeated...probably just in pain from his pants being too tight!
Terisa