Monday, January 15, 2007

Inspirations

I love this image. It's a cropped, close-up of a gourd that I've had for years. Circles are definitely my favorite shapes and these are so graphic as well. Replicating this image in terms of dyeing fabric or in a knitted piece is something I've kept in the back of my mind for awhile. I have a fair number of images like that. I'll tuck them away and they'll eventually make their way back to the fore front. At that point I might reject them or figure out a way to finally use them( though this never happens without a few false starts).


Here's a view of the entirety of the gourd. I love the contrast between the bottom part with the circles and the upper area of triangles. When I took this picture, I noticed for the first time that the gourd is on top of a table runner that I batiked with circles. After taking the close-up of the circles on the gourd, it dawned on me how well this object goes with the table runner.

No comments: